Most people have certain aspects of their faces that they do not like. While they may decide to live with small imperfections, other features change with age, creating issues like sagging skin on the neck or cheeks. If you are unhappy with the age-related facial changes you’ve seen, there’s a new non-surgical rejuvenation procedure performed by Dr. Becker in New Jersey and Philadelphia: the Silhouette InstaLift.
What Is a Silhouette InstaLift, and How Does It Work?
Traditionally, a facelift involves making incisions in the lower face near the ears and the upper face near the temples to lift and tighten facial muscles that have become slack. The procedure is often accompanied by liposuction and other techniques to refresh and rejuvenate the patient’s face. Patients report that the worst thing about this procedure is that they are unable to smile, chew or talk comfortably for a few weeks.
With the Silhouette InstaLift, the recovery period is much easier and the procedure is much more convenient. No incisions are made, making it a minimally invasive facial rejuvenation treatment.
During the procedure, sutures with tiny cone-shaped barbs on the end are used to pull sagging skin and muscles upward and hold the skin and muscles into place in the new position. You will not see or feel the barbed cones, and the sutures are completely absorbed by the body over time. The results are quite dramatic for something that is relatively simple and easy to complete.
The Silhouette InstaLift does result in mild inflammation after the procedure, but there’s no real downtime. You could take a day off to have the procedure done and rest.
If you really don’t want to go back to work the next day, it’s a good idea to have the procedure done on a Friday. Then you have a few days for the inflammation and bruising to settle down.
Some patients take a week of paid vacation after the treatment, but that’s really not necessary unless you don’t want people to know that you have had a cosmetic procedure. If you are traveling to visit our offices, you may want to take a couple of days off just for travel time.
Essentially all the aftercare you need involves:
- Icing the slightly swollen areas of your face.
- Taking ibuprofen to control inflammation and to ease any pain.
- Keeping the areas where the sutures went in clean. This includes no makeup for at least 24 hours to avoid infection.
- Sleeping upright the first night or two to reduce swelling.
- Avoiding hard or chewy foods for a few days after the procedure.
- Avoiding strenuous activity and blows to the face so that the sutures don’t come undone.
- Following any additional instructions given by Dr. Becker to ensure the best possible outcome.
The results of a Silhouette InstaLift are temporary but can last up to three years before you would need to repeat the procedure.
Who’s a Good Candidate for an InstaLift?
As with any cosmetic procedure, some patients are better candidates than others. With regards to the Silhouette InstaLift, the best candidates have mild to moderate facial drooping, mild neck and chin drooping, some remaining skin elasticity (although poor skin elasticity isn’t going to typically bar you from this procedure), and be younger than 80. Older patients may need fillers to amplify the effects of the InstaLift or may want to consider surgery instead.
Follow-up Procedures after InstaLift
Everybody is different. Your InstaLift results will last anywhere from six months to three years depending on your age, weight gain or loss, collagen production in the skin, etc. As the thread sutures and cone-barbs dissolve, the skin and facial muscles that were pulled taut will gradually relax again.
You may repeat the InstaLift procedure, but Dr. Becker may recommend other procedures if it appears as though you are no longer a good candidate for an InstaLift. You will need to discuss this with him at length when your first InstaLift mid-face lift fades.
At some point, some patients do decide to opt for a more permanent facelift procedure, such as a mid-face or lower facelift surgery, which provides longer-lasting results. A full, traditional facelift is now reserved for patients who cannot achieve their desired results with any other facelift options.
Hundreds of satisfied patients
* All patients are unique and individual results may vary.
Why Choose Dr. Daniel Becker
Dr. Daniel G. Becker is a world-renowned, board-certified plastic surgeon and ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) doctor. His expertise includes:
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
- Head/Neck Surgery
Dr. Becker is a highly skilled professional who listens to the needs and desires of his parents and helps transform their lives. He is one of the top facial surgeons in the country and can help patients with complex cosmetic concerns reach their goals with facial surgery or non-surgical procedures.
The facial skin might dimple or pucker after the procedure, but this usually resolves once the swelling goes down. If these imperfections remain, they will dissipate over time when the sutures are absorbed by the body. Most patients like the idea of extra dimples, but it depends on the person.
Facial skin responds to these procedures by producing collagen, the skin’s natural elastic fibers. Increasing collagen is a bonus for older skin which often loses its collagen and elasticity due to the aging process.
Yes, the procedure can absolutely be used on the neck skin!
The range starts at about $1500 but can cost closer to $4,000 for many patients. If you add other minimally invasive procedures such as dermal fillers, the cost goes up. Dr. Becker and his staff can give you a better idea of what it will cost when you come in for your consultation.
Yes! There are a couple of different ways you can do this. Just ask our billing specialist. We work to make cosmetic procedures affordable for all our patients.
If you live in the states of Pennsylvania or New Jersey, Becker Plastic Surgery offers Silhouette InstaLift among its services. For a full list of services, please visit our Locations page.
Schedule Your InstaLift Consultation Today
Surgery is a big step that not everyone is ready for. Fortunately, there are fantastic rejuvenation options available today that can produce great results without the cost and downtime of a facelift. If you’re ready to learn more about how a Silhouette InstaLift could improve your appearance and confidence, give us a call today at 609-279-0009.
Our staff at Becker Plastics in the New Jersey and Philadelphia offices will gladly help you make a Silhouette InstaLift consultation appointment with Dr. Becker and his staff. If you prefer to be contacted by email, then our online contact form is your best option.
256 Bunn Drive, Suite B
Princeton NJ 08540 US
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Why choose the Doctors at Becker Plastic Surgery
Kirk Lozada, MD, FACS
- Completed his fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania and has trained with the top Facial Plastic Surgeons in Philadelphia, New York, and New Jersey.
- Has traveled to Ica, Peru with Healing the Children on multiple occasions performing a high volume of cleft lip and palate surgery.
- Is currently a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and has numerous publications and presentations in the field of facial plastic surgery.
Daniel Becker, MD, FACS
- Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology (ENT).
- Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS).
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
- Top-Rated by US News and World Report, Philadelphia Magazine, South Jersey Magazine, Castle-Connelly, and others.
- Read more about rhinoplasty specialist Dr. Becker’s credentials
Nicole Schrader, MD, FACS
- She is a double board certified surgeon in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology & Head/Neck Surgery.
- Is a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Has over 20 years of experience, 15+ years in private practice and has performed hundreds of facelift surgeries.
- Dr. Schrader Recognized as Best Plastic Surgeon by Town Topics Readers’ Choice Awards.