Experience the Benefits of Chemical Peels
Chemical peels are performed on the face, neck, and/or hands. Chemical peels offer a transformative journey for your skin, addressing challenges from sun damage to dark patches. Reveal smoother skin through these three core benefits:
Sun Damage Reversed
Minimize the marks of time and sun. Rediscover your skin’s natural luminescence.
Diminish acne scars and mild scarring. Celebrate smoother, more consistent skin.
Bid farewell to age spots and dark patches. Welcome a uniformly radiant glow..
Areas of sun damage, which may include pre-cancerous keratoses that appear as scaly spots, may improve after chemical peeling. Following treatment, new pre-cancerous lesions are less likely to appear. Sagging skin, bulges, and more severe wrinkles do not respond well to chemical peels. They may require other kinds of cosmetic surgical procedures, such as carbon dioxide laser resurfacing, a facelift, a brow lift, an eyelid lift, or soft tissue fillers.
Several factors can cause the skin to look dull or older than it should, including environmental conditions, stress, and the natural aging process. Chemical peels and microdermabrasion can improve the appearance of the skin by removing old, dry, or damaged skin layers to expose healthy, youthful-looking skin.
Dr. Nicole Schrader is a board-certified plastic surgeon in New Jersey who has performed hundreds of cosmetic skincare procedures, including countless peels and microdermabrasion treatments. At Becker Plastics, both women and men can benefit from these treatments, which require minimal downtime.
What Are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peel treatments involve applying a chemical solution to the skin, which causes it to “blister” and eventually peel off. The newly regenerated skin typically has a smoother and less wrinkled appearance compared to the previous skin.
After a peel, the skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so it’s critical to protect it and avoid exposure. Patients sometimes choose to combine a chemical peel with fillers such as Restylane® to maximize their facial rejuvenation results.
Types of Chemical Peels
At Becker Plastic Surgery, we provide a wide range of chemical peels to meet your individual skin care needs. Our experienced team specializes in helping you find the perfect treatment to improve your skin texture.
Potent antioxidants infused with active ingredients. Customized strengths available.
Pigment Lightening Peel
Concentrated ingredients bleach the skin and help lighten and brighten your complexion.
Acne Control Peel
Salicylic acid actively repairs discoloration, acne scarring and reduces breakouts.
The Chemical Peel Procedure
Dr. Schrader can perform light and medium chemical peels in her office, or deeper peels in a surgery center as outpatient procedures.
First, the skin is thoroughly cleansed with an agent that removes excess oils while the eyes and hair are protected. Then, one or more chemical solutions, such as glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid (TCA), salicylic acid, lactic acid, or carbolic acid (phenol) are applied to the facial skin. These applications produce a controlled wound, enabling new skin cells to emerge following the treatment.
What is Microdermabrasion?
Diamond tip microdermabrasion is an effective treatment for removing the uppermost layers of skin. It delivers a smoother, clearer, and more youthful appearance. Microdermabrasion treatments are gentle, precise, and an excellent choice for the lip and eye areas, as well as the chest and hands.
Microdermabrasion treatments not only diminish the appearance of wrinkles and age spots but also stimulate collagen production in your skin. As collagen production increases, the skin will become firmer and smoother, accentuating and restoring its natural beauty.
Transform Your Skin with the Benefits of Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion at Becker Plastic Surgery is the secret to uncovering your skin’s untapped potential. By delving into the layers of your skin, this treatment promises to deliver transformative benefits:
Strip away age and pollutants. Experience luminous and vibrant skin.
Banish rough patches such as dark spots and irregularities. Touch and feel the difference.
Minimize and cleanse enlarged pores. Flaunt a refined, flawless complexion.
The Microdermabrasion Procedure
Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require any anesthesia.
First, the aesthetician will cleanse your face and apply tiny crystals to the skin. Then they will use a small tool with a diamond tip to gently exfoliate the surface of the skin. The tool also has a small vacuum that removes dead skin cells, impurities, and exfoliating crystals.
Why choose the Doctors at Becker Plastic Surgery
Kirk Lozada, MD, FACS
- Completed his fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania and has trained with the top Facial Plastic Surgeons in Philadelphia, New York, and New Jersey.
- Has traveled to Ica, Peru with Healing the Children on multiple occasions performing a high volume of cleft lip and palate surgery.
- Is currently a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and has numerous publications and presentations in the field of facial plastic surgery.
Daniel Becker, MD, FACS
- Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology (ENT).
- Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS).
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
- Top-Rated by US News and World Report, Philadelphia Magazine, South Jersey Magazine, Castle-Connelly, and others.
- Read more about rhinoplasty specialist Dr. Becker’s credentials
Nicole Schrader, MD, FACS
- She is a double board certified surgeon in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology & Head/Neck Surgery.
- Is a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Has over 20 years of experience, 15+ years in private practice and has performed hundreds of facelift surgeries.
- Dr. Schrader Recognized as Best Plastic Surgeon by Town Topics Readers’ Choice Awards.
Pick one of our 6 convenient locations
for Your Plastic Surgery Needs