Restore Fullness with Restylane Benefits
Tired of looking tired? Wrinkles, fine lines, and thinning lips can make you appear older than you feel. Unlock a more youthful you with Restylane, the trusted dermal filler designed to address various signs of aging. Composed of hyaluronic acid, Restylane not only smooths out wrinkles but also restores lost volume, giving you immediate and long-lasting results. Are you ready for a radiant transformation?
Get an instant confidence boost by smoothing away fine lines and wrinkles. Restylane offers you a fresher face in just one visit.
Missing the full cheeks or plump lips of your youth? Restylane restores lost volume naturally, making you look as young as you feel.
Say goodbye to frequent touch-ups. Enjoy the lasting benefits of a Restylane treatment that can keep you looking youthful for many months.
In Philadelphia and New Jersey (Princeton, Voorhees, and Yardley) you have lots of different options for recapturing a youthful glow. Dermal fillers can quickly enhance your facial aesthetics without surgery or downtime. Becker Plastics offers non-invasive Restylane injections that can transform your look and make you appear much more youthful.
As you enjoy and live life to the fullest, you will notice wrinkles and folds developing on your face over time. Although this is a normal part of the aging process, it’s also normal to miss your smooth, firm, and youthful skin.
Luckily, Restylane is here to help. It smooths away the folds, facial wrinkles, and laugh lines on your face to give you a youthful look that lasts for months. Restylane can also enhance the appearance of the lips, sculpting them to appear plumper and fuller.
What is Restylane?
Restylane is a colorless synthetic gel that is made with hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance within the connective tissue of the human skin, making it unlikely to prompt an allergic reaction when injected into the face. The hyaluronic acid-based filler is easily injectable and safe, approved by the United States FDA (Food and Drug Administration) in 2003.
There are different Restylane formulas available, which are used to fulfill a variety of needs such as:
- Lifting and adding volume to the cheeks
- Enhancing the lips
- Diminishing lines around the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Reducing dark circles beneath the eyes
- Contouring the nose, chin, and lips
- Filling orbital troughs and facial hollows caused by aging
- Eliminating melomental folds (mouth corner lines)
The Restylane treatment is classified as a cosmetic procedure since it works to enhance your appearance through a non-invasive technique. Restylane does not require any incisions and can be administered in the doctor’s office. Most doctors administer Restylane with local anesthesia to help minimize any sort of discomfort you may experience after the injection.
The Restylane procedure can take anywhere from several minutes to half an hour, depending on the amount of filler you need and the complexity of your treatment. The doctor takes the following steps when administering Restylane:
The doctor marks the appropriate areas on the skin where the Restylane will be injected and cleans them with an antiseptic.
Depending on the number of areas you want to enhance, the doctor will determine how much Restylane you will need.
The doctor uses an ultrafine needle to inject the Restylane beneath your skin.
Types of Restylane
There are several types of Restylane that have been approved by the FDA for patients over the age of 21. It is important to have a comprehensive discussion about your expectations with the doctor before the procedure so that they know which type of Restylane to recommend. The formulas include:
Defyne is used for middle to deep injections into the facial tissue. It corrects moderate to severe wrinkles such as the nasolabial folds. Restylane Defyne is also injected into the subcutaneous layer of the dermis to augment the chin region. This allows it to temporarily improve the chin structure.
Restylane Refyne is for middle to deep injections into the facial tissues to eliminate wrinkles that form from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
Silk is a lip-specific filler. It is used to diminish the wrinkles around the mouth (perioral wrinkles) and augment the lips.
Lyft is injected deep into the facial tissues to correct severe facial folds and wrinkles and to augment the cheeks. Restylane Lyft corrects contour deficiencies in the middle of the face caused by aging. It can also be injected into the back of the hands to improve volume and reduce signs of aging.
The Contour formula is used for cheek augmentation and to correct contour deficiencies in the middle of the face.
What to Expect after the Restylane Procedure
After having the Restylane procedure, you can expect to be completely back to normal after about 7 days. The healing period can vary from person to person depending on the number of Restylane injections you had and where you received them.
It is normal to spot some bruising, redness, or swelling after the procedure. We recommend that you limit your exposure to the sun for several days so that your skin can heal properly.
Since Restylane products add volume when injected into the skin, you can expect to see some immediate effects after the procedure. However, full results will be seen after about a week when your skin is completely healed and any swelling has gone down.
Some of the noticeable changes that you can expect to see after receiving Restylane fillers include:
- Improved smoothness and elasticity of your skin, producing a radiant glow
- Reduced facial wrinkles around the eyes, cheeks, mouth folds, and lips
- Youthful facial appearance and restoration of volume on the cheeks
- Balanced and well-contoured facial features
It’s important to note that the effects of Restylane fillers are not permanent. Depending on the type of injection you choose, the fillers typically last between 6 and 20 months. So, if you want to maintain a lasting youthful appearance, you will have to get touch-up injections every so often.
How to Prepare For a Restylane Treatment
To reduce bruising after the Restylane procedure, we recommend that you stop taking the following medications and supplements two weeks prior to your appointment:
- Vitamin E
- Motrin (ibuprofen)
- Fish oil
You can take arnica before and after the Restylane procedure to help reduce bruising and swelling. It can be found at health food stores and drugstores.
Who Is a Good Candidate For Restylane?
Almost anyone over the age of 21 can be eligible for the Restylane procedure. However, there are special exceptions. Restylane is not appropriate for:
- Breastfeeding or pregnant women
- Individuals who are immunocompromised
- People who are taking blood thinners
- Anyone allergic to bacterial protein
- People under the age of 21
Why choose the Doctors at Becker Plastic Surgery
Kirk Lozada, MD, FACS
- Completed his fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania and has trained with the top Facial Plastic Surgeons in Philadelphia, New York, and New Jersey.
- Has traveled to Ica, Peru with Healing the Children on multiple occasions performing a high volume of cleft lip and palate surgery.
- Is currently a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and has numerous publications and presentations in the field of facial plastic surgery.
Daniel Becker, MD, FACS
- Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology (ENT).
- Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS).
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
- Top-Rated by US News and World Report, Philadelphia Magazine, South Jersey Magazine, Castle-Connelly, and others.
- Read more about rhinoplasty specialist Dr. Becker’s credentials
Nicole Schrader, MD, FACS
- She is a double board certified surgeon in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology & Head/Neck Surgery.
- Is a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Has over 20 years of experience, 15+ years in private practice and has performed hundreds of facelift surgeries.
- Dr. Schrader Recognized as Best Plastic Surgeon by Town Topics Readers’ Choice Awards.
Pick one of our 6 convenient locations
for Your Plastic Surgery Needs
Frequently Asked Questions about Restylane
Restylane is administered via injection by a healthcare professional. After the injection, the doctor massages the treated area gently. It takes skill and artistry to properly administer dermal fillers.
Some people experience mild discomfort after the treatment from the needle. Most Restylane fillers are integrated with a local anesthetic called lidocaine to reduce pain and discomfort. Any pain should go away quickly as the skin heals.
Healthcare professionals who are trained in administering Restylane injections are the only ones qualified to carry out the procedure. Plastic surgeons are the best choice for this procedure as they have advanced training in dermal fillers and in-depth knowledge of facial aesthetics.
If you live in the states of Pennsylvania or New Jersey, Becker Plastic Surgery offers Restylane among its services. For a full list of services, please visit our Locations page.